Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness
Moving into stillness
The power of stillness.
The practise of yoga is 'meditation in action' and during the week we will explore this aspect of yoga, learning how to deepen our practice. We will also explore a variety of meditative traditions, finding a way that resonates with us.
Mindfulness or meditation can be a simple practice but with profound positive effects on our physical, mental and spiritual health (find out more).
During the week
♦ Yoga poses / asana
♦ Recuperative practice.
♦ Exploring different meditation practices.
♦ Mindfulness practice.
♦ Walking meditations.
♦ Qi Gong
The week is suitable for those who have never practiced either meditation or yoga before, as well as the more experienced practitioner.
This is an exciting week where practising and learning together, we gain insights into ourselves, our connection with others and the world around us. During the week we will explore how our meditation and mindfulness practice can be brought from the mat and the cushion into the ordinary moments of our life such as cooking, eating, working, driving, shopping and even relaxing, so that all our daily activities become fuller and more enjoyable.
Read our blog on the benefits of meditation.
Meditation offers many benefits to those who practice, just a few of these are:
- Reduces stress levels
- It increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
- Increased ability to sleep better.
- Helps with focus & concentration.
- Leads to a deeper level of relaxation.
- Increased creativity.
- Good for people with high blood pressure bringing it back to normal.
- Decreases muscle tension and headaches.
- It increases serotonin production. Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression, obesity, insomnia and headaches.
- Helps in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis etc.
- Pain management.
- Eases pre-menstrual Syndrome.
- Helps in post-operative healing.
- Increases activity of immune response, which controls pathogenic bacteria and cancer cells.
- Improves athletic performance
- It lowers oxygen consumption.